Bona Mega is the revolutionary, oxygen-crosslinking, waterborne wood floor finish for use on heavy-traffic interior residential and commercial floors. Bona Mega’s unique Oxygen-Crosslinking Polyurethane (OCP) formula uses the oxygen in the air as the crosslinker.
Since Bona Mega is a one-component product, there is no mixing of a catalyst or hardener required. Moreover, there is no limited pot life or wasted finish. Expect Bona Mega to provide exceptional performance, ease of application and durability.
Coverage, Sheens, and Application
- Coverage is approximately 500-600 square feet per gallon.
- Clear and colorless when dry.
- Available gloss levels (60 degrees): Gloss (90%), Semi-Gloss (45-50%), Satin (25-30%), Extra Matte (8-10%).
- Apply a Bona sealer or Bona stain and two coats of Bona Mega. Follow label directions. Adding a third coat of Bona Mega is recommended in heavy-traffic commercial and residential areas.
- Shake well before using. Do not thin the Bona Mega product.
Odor and Stability
- Very slight non-offensive odor.
- One year shelf-life in an unopened container.
- Non-flammable: Bona Mega should be stored in a climate controlled environment.
Necessary Tools and Materials
- Materials checklist
- Fast drying - approximately 2-3 hours.
- Full cure (meaning scuff, scratch and chemical resistant) in one week.
- After 24 hours, the floor may be walked on, but it remains susceptible to scuffing or marring until completely cured.
- Do not replace area rugs until the floor has fully cured.
- Do not allow foot traffic until the floor is sufficiently dried and cured.
- Application tools should be thoroughly cleaned with water and stored in an airtight container.
- Dispose of any remaining product in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.
Compliance and Certifications
- U.S Regulatory Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) Compliant.
- GREENGUARD Certified Indoor Air Quality®
For more information: Bona Mega Technical Data Sheet