WOCA Master Color Oil provides color and an oil finish in one step. It penetrates and hardens deep inside the wood. As a result, wood floors become stronger and better withstand wear. Master Color Oil contains fine pigments in nine different colors, which can be mixed to create a custom color.
- No staining is needed with WOCA Color Oil, as the color and finish is done in one step.
- For custom colors Master Color Oils may be mixed freely to create any desired color.
- NATURAL WOOD LOOK: Master Color Oils give a natural and stylish low gloss look to your wood. Can be used on all unfinished, freshly sanded and newly laid wood floors in all wood species.
- EASY TO USE: 2-3 Applications of the product not only colors the wood like a conventional stain but also protect it from dirt, spills, water, and day to day life. Can be overcoated with a waterbased finish from WOCA when proper steps are followed
- SAFE WOOD FINISH: Our low VOC plant based formulation and lack of dangerous hardners keeps the indoor air quality safe for people. Our products are certified to meet the high standards of the Indoor Climate Label. Tested for childrens toys EN 71-3.
- QUICK & EASY MAINTENANCE: No need to sand everything to repair wear or spot treat. Simply clean the area with WOCA Intensive Wood Cleaner and buff in another coat wherever necessary.
WOCA Master Color Oil provides stain color and protection in one product. Apply this plant based wood finish for a tough wood finish that strengthens the wood from the inside out - naturally. It penetrates deep into the wood and hardens the fibers to defend against dirt, dust, spills, stains, scratches, and other household hazards. Strong enough for floors but beautiful enough for furniture, trim, doors, cabinets, and all the interior wood surfaces in your home.
How to use Master Colour Oil
Product, room and floor temperature must be between 59-86°F. Wood humidity must not exceed 12%. Ensure good ventilation during application and when drying. The wood must be newly sanded, use grit 100-120 for the final sanding. Vacuum thoroughly. Clean the wood with WOCA Intensive Wood Cleaner and leave it to dry for at least 8 hours before applying the oil.
Always remember to test on a less visible spot to check the compatibility of the surface with the product.
- Thoroughly shake the container of , both before and during use. Containers with different batch numbers should be mixed to avoid colour mismatch.
- Apply the oil using a short-bristled paint roller (4-6 mm) in an even coat. Work in small areas of no more than at a time.
- Leave the oil to be absorbed for . If the oil soaks quickly into the wood, apply more oil.
- Polish the oil into the wood until the surface appears saturated. Use a buffing machine with a buffing machine for large areas and a polishing cloth/pad manually for small areas.
- Remove excess oil with dry, lint-free cotton cloths or pads until the surface no longer appears wet. Continue until the whole area has been polished and excess oil has been thoroughly removed.
- To ensure a good saturation the surface should be re-polished with 1 dl per 10-12 m²/L within 12-24 hours at 20°C after the first application. The oil should be polished thoroughly, as described in step 4+5.
- The surface can be used with caution after and is fully hardened after at 20°C and 55% humidity, after which rugs etc. can be placed on the floor.
California Proposition 65 - www.p65warnings.ca.gov
WARNING: Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are:
- lead from lead-based paints,
- crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and
- arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber.
Your risk from exposure to these chemicals varies, depending on how often you do this type of work. To reduce your exposure, work in a well-ventilated area and with approved safety equipment, such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.