Bona® Wire Brush Technology used with the Bona® FlexiSand Power Drive™ allows you to easily wirebrush hardwood floors. Wiring brushing a wood floor opens the wood grain and enhances the beauty of hard wood floors creating a unique and custom wire brushed look and feel.
• Durable, easy-to-use wire brushes for use on-site with both newly installed and refinished floors
• Allows for close proximity to walls faor minimized edge work and blending issues
• Removes soft grain leaving the more durable hard grain, providing a natural texture and look to the floor
- Compatible with the Bona® FlexiSand Power Drive™
- No. of discs: 4
- Disc Diameter: 6” discs
- The Bona Dust Shroud is designed to be used on a Dewalt Polisher, model #DWP849X (not included)
Wire Brushing the Perimeter:
1. Begin by first wire-brushing the perimeter using the Dewalt Variable Speed Polisher equipped with Bona Dust Shroud and Wire Brush (800-1200rpm) hooked up to a Bona DCS vacuum. Run the machine back and forth until you achieve the desired amount of texture. 2. Hard to reach areas such as corners will need to be brushed using the supplied wire brush hand tool. Hand wire-brush until desired texture is achieved.
Wire Brushing the Field:
Run the Bona FlexiSand Power Drive as you would when sanding the floor. The metal brushes are used to create the wire-brushed look. If a softer brushing effect is desired, the Tynex brushes can be used afterwards for a rounder edge. Follow the same steps used for wire-brushing when using the Tynex brushes. Misting the floor with water is not necessary when using the Tynex brushes. 1. Starting at the wall, run the Bona FlexiSand Power Drive from right to left keeping the machine clocked at a 45 degree down the entire length of the room. 2. Using a standard garden sprayer, mist the floor with water during the forward pass with the wire brushes. This will help soften the wood fibers allowing for more soft grain removal. In addition, this will keep the entire system running cool and improve the retention of the wire brush tufts. Note: The wires are made of stainless steel minimizing the risk of corrosion or rusting. 3. Now in the same path clock the Bona FlexiSand Power Drive with the handle Parallel to the grain and move left to right until you reach the opposite wall.
1. Once all wire-brushing is complete, buff the entire floor using a Bona MultiDisc with 120-150 grit Bona Black or 80-120 grit Bona Diamond Abrasives to blend the entire floor together. Do this quickly and consistently to maintain the character from wire-brushing process. 2. After the final sanding is complete, vacuum the floor using a Bona Tampico Brush attached to a Bona DCS Vacuum. This will thoroughly clean all residual dust out of the soft grain giving a deeper, cleaner wire-brushed appearance. Now your floor is ready for Bona Drifast® Stain, Sealer, or Bona Craft Oil™ 2K! Safety: Wear personal protective equipment. Depending on application, use face shield, safety goggles or safety glasses. As appropriate, wear dust mask, hearing protectors, gloves and workshop apron capable of stopping loose debris generated by various operations. The dust mask or respirator must be capable of filtrating particles generated by your operation. Keep bystanders at a safe distance away from work area. Anyone entering the work area must wear personal protective equipment. Fragments of workpiece or of a broken accessory may fly away and cause injury beyond immediate area of operation.
Items included in the Bona Wire Brush Accessory Kit:
• 5 Wire Brushes
• Dust Shroud and Drive Pad for hand tool
• Power Drive XL Dust Skirt
• Protective Gloves, Wire Brush Corner Tool, Wire Brush Removal Tool