- Pour a 4” wide line of finish along the starting wall. Go with the grain of the wood.
- Using a clean, pre-dampened applicator; draw the applicator forward, with the grain of the wood, moving the finish toward the opposite wall. Holding the applicator at a “snowplow” angle will maintain a wet edge at all times.
- At the end of each run, turn the applicator toward you and pad out the applicator parallel to the wet edge.
- Feather out all turns. If pushed too hard or too fast, drips will fly off the applicator.
- Missed areas can be touched up if seen right away.
- To prevent lapping and dry marks, be sure you are using the recommended coverage of 500-600 sq.ft. per gallon. Be careful not to spread the finish too thin.
- Allow your first coat to dry 2-3 hours. High humidity and/or low temperature conditions will extend the drying time while increased ventilation and airflow will reduce dry time (recommended conditions of 65- 80ËF (18-27Ë C), 40-60% relative humidity). Allow final coat to dry at least 48 hours before use.
Bona Sport SuperSport™ Seal is a unique product specifically designed and developed for use on wood sport floors. SuperSport Seal’s quick-drying, non-ambering formula reduces grain raise and prepares the floor for a protective top coat of SuperSport finish. SuperSport Seal seals the wood, provides a high build layer with elasticity, and prevents the finish from penetrating the wood surface. SuperSport Seal gives floors the build and depth of finish required for sport floors.