Free Shipping Same Business Day on Bona Traffic
Lowest Delivered Price on the Web
We Stock Bona Traffic Every Day
Bona Traffic hardwood floor finish is a 2-component (part A is mixed with part B prior to application) waterborne hardwood floor finish which goes on clear and remains clear for the life of the floor. The recommended system is one coat of Bona oil based stain or one coat of water based sealer and two coats of Traffic floor finish. Coverage is 350-400 square feet per gallon. Bona Traffic is formulated specifically for high traffic commercial and residential hardwood floors. Bona Traffic provides unsurpassed durability in a wood floor finish. Comes complete with hardener.
Bona Traffic Ingredients – Water, polymeric resin, dipropylene glycol monomethyl ether,2,6,8-trimethyl-4-
nonypolyethylene glycol ether, and amorphous silica.
Bona Traffic Color – Milky white (wet); Clear when dry.
pH – 7.9
Bona Traffic Solids – 34% (with hardener)
Density – 8.70 lbs./gallon (1.04 S.G.)
US Regulatory VOC Compliant – 210 g/L (with hardener)
Coefficient of Friction - = 0.5
Bona Traffic Gloss Levels – (60°) – 15-20 for Commercial Satin
40-45 for Commercial Semi-Gloss
65-70 for Commercial Gloss
Odor – Non-offending, slight ammonia
Stability – 1 year shelf life in unopened container
Packaging – 1-gallon plastic bottle
Bona Traffic Application Characteristics:
Clarity - Clear when dry
Coverage - 350-400 square feet per gallon
Leveling - Excellent
Percent Cured After 24 Hours - 75%, 72 hours - 90%
Defoaming - Excellent
Maximum Cure - 100% after 1 week
Drying Time - 2-3 hours
Pot Life - THE Bona Traffic / Hardener MIXTURE MUST BE USED WITHIN 4 HOURS AFTER IT IS MIXED . Product properties are diminished after 4 hours. The finish and hardener can only be mixed one time.
Bona Traffic Compatibility with stains and sealers: Bona Traffic will adhere to most oil based stains, sealers and finishes after proper preparation and dry times. Stain, sealer and finish results may vary widely depending on the wood species, especially on oily and resinous Exotics. ALWAYS PREPARE A SAMPLE OR TEST AREA TO DETERMINE COMPATIBILITY, APPEARANCE AND DESIRED RESULTS.
THE RECOMMENDED BONA TRAFFIC FINISH SYSTEM: Apply a Bona water based sealer or Bona oil based stain and 2 coats of Bona Traffic floor finish. Follow label directions. Adding a third coat of Bona Traffic is recommended in heavy-traffic commercial and residential ares.
- Unsurpassed durability—Bona Traffic out performs moisture cure finishes without the hazardous side effects, and with all the benefits of a waterborne finish
- The application feel of a solvent-based finish
- Faster curing rate allows quicker access to the floor
- Bona Traffic is clear and colorless, which highlights the true color of stained or natural wood floors. Will not change color over time, allowing for easy touch-up
- GREENGUARD certified for indoor air quality
- Classified by Underwriters Laboratories Inc. as to slip resistance only, Control #21KM
- When applying Bona Traffic no sealer is needed over a stained floor.
- Exceptional build with excellent flow and leveling
- This product has a maximum VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) content of 210 grams per liter (1.8 pounds per gallon VOC).
- Fast drying - Approximately 2-3 hours
- Bona Traffic is nonflammable with a non-offending odor
- Water clean-up
CURING: The curing process takes approximately 7 days, (75% cured after 1 day, 90% after 3 days). Do not replace area rugs until the floor has fully cured. The floor may be walked on after 24 hours, but remains susceptible to scuffing or marring until completely cured. Furniture may be placed onto floor after 72 hours (90% cured). Do not drag or slide furniture. Use only a dry Bona Microfiber Mop or cloth for cleaning during the first week.
CLEAN-UP: Application tools should be cleaned with water and stored in an airtight container.
FLOOR CARE: Put walk-off mats at all entrance doorways to minimize dirt and grit. Sweep or vacuum daily and damp-wipe as needed with Bona® Hardwood Floor Cleaner. Use felt pads under furniture legs and appliances.