General Finishes Water Based Pro Floor Stain
Kona- 1 Gallon
General Finishes Water Based Pro Floor Stain is a new revolutionary water based finish. General Finishes Water Based Pro Floor Stain offers revolutionary rich, intermixable colors. This stain contains renewable-resource resin whose excellent wetting properties yield 30% greater coverage than oil stains. General Finishes Water Based Pro Floor Stain contains finely ground automotive pigments that give deep vibrant colors and far better UV protection than oil stains. This water based stain is easy to use and easy to plan exits and runs as you can walk back over the stain in 10 minutes. General Finishes Water Based Pro Floor Stain is VOC compliant and does not have strong solvent vapors, no combustion concerns, and offers easy water cleanup.
Dry Time: 2-3 hours under ideal conditions (70% humidity) The best method for judging dryness accurately is to use moisture meter readings.
Coverage: 700-800 sq. ft per gal
Clean Up: Soap and water
Shelf Life: 1 year shelf life with proper storage conditions.
VOC: Less than 230 grams per liter.
SANDING: Sand floor using NWFA specifications. We highly advise finishing with a 120 grit screen.
WATER POPPING: Can slightly darken a floor, but Pro Stains are designed to achieve one coat color. If you water pop you may stain immediately as Pro Stain is water based.
IMPORTANT: Record moisture meter readings in several places before staining the floor. These readings will provide a benchmark at later stages to determine when the floor is dry enough to apply another coat.
MIXING STAIN: Mix stain thoroughly before using.
Application Tips: If conditions are dry and warm, restrict the amount of air flow, increase the application rate, and block direct sunlight by closing shades or blinds.
HUCK or THERMO WIPING RAGS: are a must for easiest results. They work much better than thin cotton material. (T-shirts or sheets) Hey are more absorbent, heavier duty, and ribbed for easier pull.
- Paint Pad Applicator: apply a liberal amount of Pro Stan to manageable area and wipe off the excess in the direction of the grain.
- Buffer: Apply Pro Stain with a buffer in the same manner you would use with your present stain.
- Ragging on: is not recommended.
- Easy to plan exits and runs as you can walk back over the stain in 10 minutes
- Easily repairable on the job
- Stains dry for recoating in 3-5 hours (humidity dependent), you can stain and seal coat in one day
- No water popping necessary
- 18 intermixable base colors create an ultimate color pallet of deep, rich colors
- New pigmentation system offers superior UV stability & brilliant color
- No strong solvent vapors, no combustion concerns, easy water cleanup
- VOC compliant through U.S. Sq. Ft. coverage is 30% greater than oil stains
- Shelf Life: 1 Year unopened
- Coverage: 700-800 sq. ft. per gallon