- To get the best results it always pays to have the right tools. It is our experience that the "big box" stores do not offer the tools needed to do this job correctly. Please click the "Materials" tab to locate the materials check-list for a list of the recommended tools.
- DuraSeal Quick Coat Penetrating Finish gives hardwood floors a soft, satiny sheen.
- DuraSeal Quick Coat Penetrating Finish covers approximately 500 square feet per gallon. While a second coat is optional, this product will cover approximately 800 square feet per gallon.
Dry Time and Cure:
- DuraSeal Quick Coat Penetrating Finish dries in approximately 2-3 hours. Note: Dry time is based on conditions of 77 F and 50% relative humidity.
- Clean equipment using paint thinner or mineral spirits.
- Always store at room temperature. If stored at high temperature, cool to room temperature before use. Keep from freezing.
- Read the "HOW TO" tab of this listing for application hints.
- Properly prepare surface according to NWFA approved methods. Use a No. 100 grit screen for the final screening cut.
- Remove all dust with a broom and/or vacuum and tack the surface with a clean cloth moistened with mineral spirits.
- Stir or shake material thoroughly before and occasionally during use. Apply a test sample on a small inconspicuous area before proceeding with the entire job. If desired DuraSeal Quick Coat Penetrating Finish in Neutral can be used to lighten any standard DuraSeal wood tone.
- Apply the first coat of DuraSeal Quick Coat Penetrating Finish liberally with a brush, lamb wool applicator or cloth at a coverage rate of approximately 500 square feet per gallon.
- Allow to penetrate for 5-8 minutes then remove any excess by wiping with rags or by buffing with #2 steel wool. Removal of all excess material is essential to ensure proper dry time and adhesion of the finish coat.
- If desired, apply a thin second coat at a coverage rate of approximately 800 square feet per gallon. Allow to penetrate and remove excess material in the same manner as the first coat [step 3 above].
- Allow the final coat to dry at least 2 hours and apply a DuraSeal finish coat of your choice.
- Regularly remove dust and dirt by sweeping or vacuuming. Periodic buffing will renew luster. Exceptionally worn areas may require an additional finish coat. Maintained floors sealed only with DuraSeal Quick Coat Penetrating Finish with DuraSeal Renovator Cleaner and Reconditioner.
To get the best results it always pays to have the right tools. It is our experience that the "big box" stores do not offer the tools needed to do this job correctly. Listed below are a few recommended tools.
(California Prop 65 Labeling Requirements)
Click the link below to see a short video of this product in use and for some ideas for how to get the best results.